Interfaith Spiritual Counseling:
You are loved and You are not alone.
It is our ultimate belief that who we truly are is pure love. Therefore, when we make decisions and behave out of fear, we are not being true to the essence of who we truly are. When we are not true to who we are, we become confused, lost, and in many cases depressed. During times like these, it is easy to live life out of fear, and it is even easier to become overwhelmed by these fears.
As a Ministers, Social Workers, and Spiritual Counselors, it is our intention to help awaken those to the Divine Love and Guidance that is within them, that IS them. Therefore, we create a safe space that is free from judgement, which helps allow for the awakening of true self. Most of all, we are here to listen and to help you remember that you are loved and you are not alone.
- Is about helping to awaken the inner self and make sense of life from a spiritual perspective.
- Helps empower and to turn more and more to your Divine Inner Being as the ultimate therapist, healer, guide, and friend.
- Is about listening to spiritual concerns & challenges and facilitating a process of spiritual growth .
- Supports coming to terms with personal pain and letting go of painful perceptions and patterns.
- Is about helping to take back personal power, honoring self, and manifesting positive things in life.
- Aims to deepen and strengthen a relatiohship with the Divine in a way that is authentic and meaningful.
- Assists in knowing self as whole and being completely loved by the Divine.
- Is coming home to true self, coming home to the Divine.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We ARE spiritual beings having a human experience!
Interfaith Spiritual Counseling is Not.......
- In-depth psychotherapy.
- About the counselor imposing his/her own belief system, spiritual perspectives or practices on others.
Some Tools that can be used in Spiritual Counseling are....
REIKI - Univeral Life Energy
The Usui System of Natural Healing
Reiki is pronounced Ray-Kee in the Japanese character system.
Rei means "universal" and refers also to the spiritual dimension and the soul.
Ki means the vital force energy which flows through all that is alive. Ki is called Chi in chinese, prana in Hindu, Bioplasmic energy by russian researchers, Light by Christ, Mana by Kahunas, and breath, bio-energy and vital force in English.
These Japanese characters when combined, present the concept of "universal life-force energy". Reiki energy is whole, therefore, neither negative nor positive per se but rather a combination of these qualities.
Reiki is "universal" energy, therefore, it is safely used anytime, any place. It expresses the quality of "unconditional" rather than "conditional". "Universal" means "applicable or common to all purposes, conditions, situations", and pertains to that which is cosmic.
What Reiki Is
Reiki is the science and art of activiating, directing, and applying natural universal life force energy, to promote energy balancing, healing, wholeness;to prevent disorders and to maintain a state of positive wellness.
The amount and balance of this vital energy, Ki within you is essential for your health and functioning on a daily basis. In order to balance your energies to maintain wellness, you must restore vital energy, which has been depleted in daily activities.
Reiki energy once activated properly in full, flows in a spiral order, which is a fundamental form in nature and in the universe. Your DNA structure has the form of a double helix- a spiral form.
Benefits of Reiki:
- Reiki heals the cause and eliminates the effect of imbalances.
- Reiki does not conflict with your religious beliefs.
- Reiki conflicts in no way with medical procedures and enhances medical treatments.
- Reiki can be used to help pets, other animals and plants.
- Reiki is a viable, alternative,natural healing, helping method which can easily be combined with other techniques.
- Reiki provides a buffer against inflammation.
- Reiki helps eliminate accumulated daily stress from the rigors of life.
- Reiki can be recieved anywhere.
- Reiki promotes from within you qualities of loving, caring, growing compassion, trusting, self actualization, good will, wholeness, peace, and serenity.
Personalized Rituals & Altars:
We Perform Ritual Everyday.
What most of us don't realize is that we perform ritual everyday. Our thoughts, our feelings, and our actions create ritual of us on a daily basis. We do not just perform one ritual but many rituals in one day. Breathing in itself is ritual.
What is the Purpose of Ritual?
Ritual serves to make a declaration to the universe about who you are. It serves to send forth your truth at that moment so that you bring forth (create) that truth. Ritual is a formula to create! Most of us are unaware of the rituals we perform and the intentions we send forth and because of this don't understand why certain things happen or don't happen in our lives.
Imagine that every thought you have in one day creates and you can see that creation physically. How many conflicting images would bombard you? Many of us change our minds (our thoughts) on a minute to minute basis. Think about how confusing your life would be. Well, the truth is this does happen and our thoughts do create! However, because most of us are unaware, many times we chase our tails, so to speak, and repeat unhealthy patterns in our lives.
Performing ritual with awareness is very empowering because it allows you to send forth your intentions with clarity, which will give you the power to create positive circumstances in your life.
Ritual is not something that needs to be done only on a special occasion. Ritual does not have to be something that is created by someone else or a religious organization. You can create and perform your own rituals and if you desire, on a daily basis.
There are many reasons we create and perform ritual with awareness. Here are a few:
Worship,Thanks, Protection, Connection with a Higher Power (God, Goddess, Angels, Guides, etc), Cleansing, Affirmations, Transitioning into altered states of consciousness, Letting go, Celebration, & Releasing and/or Gaining energy.
In many cases when ritual is performed an altar is often used. An altar is sacred space where one can go to connect with their Higher Power. It is a space that helps us to focus our energy for many purposes and intentions. Altars helps us awaken, think, pray, meditate, listen, & worship. Altars have been used in places of worship for thousands of years. Many of the major religions like Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, and Wicca use altars as an integral part of their spiritual or religious practice.
A list of some items that we have used to create altars are:
Candles, Incense, Oil, Herbs, Singing Bowls, Bells, Earth Symbols (Water, Soil, Sand, Leafs, Shells, Feathers, Stones, etc), Statues of Gods and Goddess', Flowers, Unique or Old Boxes or Containers, Interesting and/or powerful religious artifacts, Crystals, Gems, Jewelry & Medicine Bags.
How can we help?
- We can guide you in creating a ritual and/or altar that reflects your personality, your needs and your intentions.
- We will give you some guidelines to help you get started including understanding certain universal laws and answering any questions you may have.
- We will show you how to protect and ground yourself, as well as, how to open and close your ritual.
- Service offered to individuals, couples, & groups.